Rental Contract Items
- Event start is defined at the start of the “Rental Period” noted on the rental contract. Event end is defined as the end of the “Rental Period” noted on the rental contract.
- Final confirmations are automatic, 48 hours before the Rental Period start. Changes within 48 hours carry special conditions below.
- An open Visa or MasterCard Credit Card is required on orders, to be charged in the event of loss or damage or additional charges.
- A 25% deposit is required to reserve items and will be charged upon contract acceptance, refundable until 14 days prior to rental date
- Items are not reserved until the contract is signed and deposit is charged.
- Deposits for subcontracted equipment are non-refundable, noted by an (S) on the order.
- Tent order deposits are refundable with 60 days notice, inside 60 days is a 25% cancellation fee.
- Non tent orders may be cancelled with more than 14 days notice of the Rental Period start.
- A 25% cancellation fee will be charged on orders & items cancelled/reduced inside 14 days notice from the Rental Period start.
- No reductions or cancellations within 48 hours of the Rental Period, regardless of booking date, 100% of rental fee due. Poor weather does not give reason for cancellations. Additions to orders within 48 hours will be accommodated based on availability.
- No refunds on unused rental items, including but not limited to: propane, helium, linens, etc.
- Refunds for unopened consumables have a 20% restocking fee (ie. Popcorn Packs, Candy Floss Supplies.)
Damage & Loss
- Items deemed to be damaged or lost by the customer will be charged the full replacement value of the item.
- All items are counted out and in by PRD staff and unless otherwise noted by the customer and notified to PRD, PRD count is accepted as correct.
- Notification of damaged or missing items MUST be reported by calling (403) 735-6133 within 2hrs of delivery / customer pick-up.
- Deliveries will be scheduled for arrival with a standard delivery window of 8:00am to 4:00pm.
- Shorter and/or specific delivery windows may be scheduled for additional fees.
- Delivery windows do not include labour to be completed within the time frame. (ie: delivery window 9am-11am, arrive at 10:55am, labor takes 30 mins, delivery may be done by 11:30)
- A contact person must be on site to accept the delivery within the delivery window times stated on rental contract. If no one is available to accept the delivery, items may not be delivered and a new delivery may need to be rescheduled for an additional fee, if there is time to accommodate it in the schedule. No refunds on items not delivered due to lack of available person on site.
- PRD is not held liable or responsible if items are not delivered within the delivery window. (suggest booking with a time buffer)
- Out of town and after hours delivery and pickup fees will be quoted based on crew required, times and mileage.
- Delivery fees include delivery to a commercial dock or to ground level, curbside only.
- Deliveries that include, but are not limited to: Stairs, Elevators, Back Yards, Long Hallways, across grass, or to any spot farther then a minimal (20ft) distance from the truck, if items must be hand carried, or the use of a dolly is not permitted; will have additional fees added at a rate of $150/hr. with a minimum $25 charge.
- Final payments for deliveries must be made 48 hours prior to event start. Invoice accounts must be pre-approved by management.
- Orders placed for during the Calgary Stampede dates require a 50% NON REFUNDABLE deposit to be paid at the time of booking.
- Balance of Stampede orders must be paid in full prior to the Wednesday before Stampede starts, orders unpaid in full will be assumed cancelled and equipment may be released for rental.
- Equipment remains the responsibility of the customer from delivery / customer pick-up to its pickup / customer return.
- The customer shall not permit any modifications or repairs to be made to the equipment without consent.
- Returned equipment will be counted at our facilities, missing or damaged items are subject to a replacement charge, unless otherwise noted before the event. Including cardboard boxes, crates, packaging and hangers.
- All rentals must be completely scraped free of debris, free of food and rinsed, repacked in the same containers / packaging and returned in the same manner as received. Linens need to be shaken free of debris and placed in bags provided. Items not meeting these conditions are subject to additional fees.
- Customers are allowed to transport most rental items. Customers are responsible for loading and unloading their own vehicles.
- Items returned after the scheduled return date will be subject to late charges at minimum 20% up to 100% of the rental price per day.
- Private utilities, Shaw, septic, or irrigation that are of concern require a private locator at the customers’ expense.
- A site inspection may need to be arranged prior to tent set up date if the area is of concern to either party, travel fees may apply.
- There must not be any cooking or open flames within 2m of a tent. Campfires must be 15m away from tents to avoid damage.
- Customer is responsible for obtaining all permits that may be required by a municipality. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure all items that need to be rented to meet building code are sourced, ie: Fire Extinguishers, Exit Signs, etc.
- Alberta One Call must be contacted to perform locates utilities within 14 days of a tent setup.
- Customer assumes all responsibility for damage to any services as a result of PRD performing work.
The liability for injury, disability and/or death of any persons caused by the operation, handling or transportation of the equipment after taking possession from Party Rental Depot shall be that of the lessee and the lessee shall indemnify and save harmless Party Rental Depot against all said liability. The lessee shall also indemnify and save harmless Party Rental Depot against loss, expense, damage and/or penalty or penalties which may arise out of the action for damages to property or persons occasioned by the operation, handling or transportation of the equipment during the rental period.